Myfitnesspal

Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Challenge Days 18-22 Weigh In Day

I'm back! Sorry for the small hiatus, as I figured out some personal things. In retrospect, I need to listen to my own advice and keep posting, in good times and in bad. That's the message of Gaudete Sunday...rejoice in the Lord always!


Weigh In Day

Weight maintained (-0lbs)!
Challenge start: 224
Week 1: 223.8, -.2lbs
Week 2: 219.4, -4.4lbs
Week 3: 219.4, -0lbs
Total: -4.6lbs 

Having had some highs and lows this week, I'm happy they balance out to maintainence. Especially with the dramatic dip of last week I actually expected a small gain this week. This could mean that with some perseverance I could see another larger dip this next week. 

I was so happy to get to LA Fitness to train with Erica. I simply need more strength training in my life, as I am somewhat addicted to spin. Too much cardio can be bad. If I want the results in looking for, strength is key. Good news is my macros have been on point, and I'm still improving in the bike. Training with Erica also showed improvements, both in strength and in her spin class. 
Some great news that I received this week is that a plastic surgeon is willing to see me in the new year for a consultation on skin removal surgery. I am so excited to begin what I would call phase 3 of this transformation, phase 1 being initial weight loss in rehab, phase 2 being weight loss on my own. This would be the phase of feeling comfortable in my own skin, pun intended. I would look to a fourth and final phrase which would be muscle growth and maintainence. 

On my advent alcohol fast, I am happy to say that I have stuck to it. It's perhaps why I maintained rather than gained this week, because there have been some celebrations with friends that could have contributed to more calories in the drink department. I've been happy with my Diet Coke (don't hate).

This week I will be committed to blogging daily, as I prepare for vacation down to Florida. It's about time to return to the sun and restore some energy to my body and soul with good friends and warm climate!


No comments:

Post a Comment