Myfitnesspal

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Holiday Challenge Day 16

Today was a good day, as I got up for an early sunrise spin at 6:30. Ryan worked us hard, as I put in my greatest early ride output yet (not a record in watts, but definitely a record in heart rate). 

Today also Pope Francis Inaugurated the Jubilee Year of Mercy with the opening of the Holy Door in St Peter's. When I returned home it was great to confirm some news that I get to share with you all. Allison Gingras of Reconciled to You and A Seeking Heart with Allison Gingras on Breadbox Media has asked me to be the Chaplain for a Pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi this upcoming September 24-October 1st. We will get to walk through these very same Holy Doors of Mercy! 

Let me share what I wrote for some possible promotional material:

I am so happy to be making this pilgrimage with Allison during the Year of Mercy. It was Easter of 2005 during a term abroad as a student at Franciscan University when I decided to become a seminarian for my diocese after seeing St John Paul II give his final Urbi et Orbi blessing in St Peter's Square. Now, returning to Rome and Assisi as a priest, I will be able to offer thanks for my vocation, bringing with me the intentions of all those I serve, and offering the sacraments to our pilgrims. What a blessing it will be to walk through the Holy Door opened by Pope Francis, and celebrate the mercies of God with pilgrims throughout the world!

Remaining true to my health and wellness program, I will also be excited to offer some support to our pilgrims to stay spiritually and physically fit as we enjoy Italian cuisine and our tours around these beautiful sights.


More information will follow!

At Newman we held Mass for the Immaculate Conception. We have our own doors which are open for Mercy. If there's a tip for this day, it's if you are struggling with anything, be it the food, be it stress, be it sin, bring it to the fount of God's mercy in the confessional. And realize that the Immaculate Virgin wishes to help you in the fight. She who was preserved from all sin wishes to share these graces to preserve and keep us holy. 

1 comment:

  1. What an opportunity for you, God keeping blessing you as you continue on your journey to good health.

    ReplyDelete