Myfitnesspal

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day 42 Holiday Challenge: weigh in day

Weigh In day 

Weight at start of challenge: 289.4
Today's weight: 272.6
Week 1: -1.6
Week 2: -3.2
Week 3: +.4
Week 4: -3.2
Week 5: -8.8
Week 6: -.4

Total challenge loss: 16.8
Total loss since oct 2013: 191.4

Christmas time is probably the busiest time of the year. I knew how much this week would be a challenge after the big loss posted last week. What I was unprepared for was the amount of food in the house, since this was the first Christmas back and in a new parish. At the end of the week I have been as high as 275 and as low as 271, hovering around last week's weight. I am happy with this week's result. 

Emotionally, I did okay. It was a weird week for me, and I contemplated at many times giving up on the blog. Suffice it to say that I have encountered some old feelings which I since brought up in my twelve step group and with trusted friends. As much as I feel like I'm in control of this in my life, I am constantly reminded how much I need God to be in control, and how much I still need support. 

On Christmas I remarked on Facebook: 

When I think of where I was this time last year and where I am now, I am very thankful for the gift of being with family, friends, and loving parishioners for Christmas. It brought me great joy to sing with the choir tonight, and to celebrate Midnight Mass in Spanish. 

I keep in mind, though, all my brothers and sisters who are in recovery and rehab centers, those in jail, the homeless, the sick and suffering, those without family, friends, or Church. May the light of the star of Bethlehem shine on the darkest places of our world, and may the light of recovery guide all to lasting health and peace.

It's in this light that I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year. I will try my best to keep offering tips for the Holiday season as I look forward to my goal date of Jan 9th. 



2 comments:

  1. Fr. Ryan: Nice reflection. Hang in there. Once told by a sponsor that when food is down, feelings are up. Why am I not surprised when this happens to me. I pray for all my brothers and sisters in recovery as they allow God to heal then not only spiritually and physicially but emotionally. God bless you always and in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete