Myfitnesspal

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 23 Holiday Challenge

Let Go and Let God

Today's objective: lay down your burdens before God

I was surprised this morning when I got on the scale to see that I had dropped about 5 lbs in two days. I immediately realized the situational stress I had been under was gone. I was relaxed. 

Even though I feel a cold coming on, I was excited for my workout with my trainer. Both he and another trainer friend of mine concur that I must be cortisol sensitive, which causes water retention when you are stressed. I knew I felt the weight fluctuation when I worked out last Thursday, and I was so upset that I attributed it to bad calorie counting. We'll just say, persevere with the tools and little weight fluctuations will work themselves out.

I've been used to this before, only the fluctuations were smaller. I've learned to make stress somewhat of a friend. But like Kelly said at the end of the TED talk, she wouldn't necessarily welcome stress into her life. For me, I'm glad it passed.

One of the tools is getting that "me time" in. Yet I think a larger tool is the process of laying down our burdens before the Lord. This, of course, can take place during our "me time", but it's an entire offering of the self and life's worries to the God who can take care of everything. 

Today the Church celebrates a great saint who saw the apparitions of Our Lady of Guadaupe. St Juan Diego was a holy man, but not immune from stress. When his uncle was ill, he even avoided the hill where the Virgin appeared, so as not to interrupt his mission to aid him in his sickness. 

Our Lady met St Juan Diego on the way, telling him not to worry: "Am I not here who am your mother?" Juan Diego shows us that even in the midst of carrying life's heavy burdens, heavenly help exists to bring us through it all. 

Take some time today to bring God your thoughts, worries, stress, hopes, and desires. Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Juan Diego, pray for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment