Myfitnesspal

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 18 Holiday Challenge

Again I have to apologize, as duties and stress have been building, I needed to take a small hiatus from blogging. Back for more tips and inspiration. I hope you all have been doing well. I have been maintaining my weight this week, and fighting off urges to just give in and give up. 

Today's objective: Make stress your friend

It sounds odd, and maybe one of your stressors is the fact that friends don't seem to be around when you need them (I certainly feel that way sometimes). Stress is considered bad for our health, and it literally can lead us to depression and despair. Why would we want to make it our friend? 

Back when I was in rehab, I was given a link to a Ted talk that literally changed my life with regard to stress. Health Psychologist Kelly McGonigal explains why changing our minds with regards to stress can actually save our life from an early death. Viewing our stress response more like courage and the power to connect can actually improve the overall health of the human person and society.

http://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend?language=en


No comments:

Post a Comment