Myfitnesspal

Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 22 Holiday Challenge

Even though it's cold, don't stay cooped up!

Today's objective: find some fun winter activity

The other day I started thinking about the fun winter activities I used to enjoy. Since the snow has melted, but the cold has returned, my mind immediately went to ice skating. I used to be a pretty good skater when I was a kid. I think the last time I went skating was a couple years ago. 

While on a drive around the block, I found a local skating arena with public skating. Since I'm at the healthiest weight I've been in years, I thought, why not? 10 bucks for ice fee and skate rental, and two hours of skating? Sure! 

In reality, I only skated for about 20 minutes, because it was that cold (about 14 degrees this morning). I'll need some better gloves and perhaps a friend to skate with next time.

Even though your hands might fall off, grab some winter gear and get out and enjoy those winter sports! 

1 comment:

  1. Today was our son's 46th birthday, he too is on a weight loss challenge within our family group, so he took the day off, and hiked 7 miles on a trail. 20,000 steps at least. He is a good example for me.

    ReplyDelete