Myfitnesspal

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Run so as to win

Today I was interviewed by our Catholic Communications crew regarding my training for the St Patrick's Day 10k. I was pleased to share some of my story and shots of training outside (it's freezing and iced over). I'll be happier when it's the spring and I can actually get out on the road to train. 

This also comes at a time where I've been thinking on changing gyms. It's no secret that large corporate gyms such as the one I train at care more about money than the client and client experience. The only tough thing would be to sever my relationship with my trainers and the spinning community I have found there. Finding the perfect fit for me has been tough, as I was spoiled at the Rochester Athletic Club in Minnesota. I can't expect to have what I had there, though I wish I could just uproot it and bring it to Massachusetts. Still, I wish that larger corporate gyms would take an interest in the personal goals of their clients. I'd like a gym that will keep me motivated and celebrate my success. I guess I'm still looking for that factor in a gym that will take me to the next level. 

Yet I know the largest factor will continue to be God. If nothing changes, I must rely on him to be the driving force. Here is a great quote from St Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians:


And so I'll keep pressing on, and train hard! 


2 comments:

  1. ...gonna go read 1st Corinthians 9: 24-27 now. ...Peace and <3...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am not mistaken, when I was at Franciscan University back in 1992, there was a song entitled Press on. Press on Fr. Ryan as a crown of glory awaits you.

    ReplyDelete