Myfitnesspal

Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 50 Holiday Challenge

Some news to share! Today I officially registered for the Holyoke St. Patrick's Road Race, my first 10K! A year ago I had the desire to start training for my first 5k. In June I finished the Color Vibe Springfield (in Greenfield, MA haha), half walking and jogging. I am at least 70lbs lighter now and hope to get another 20lbs off for the race. After completing a race, my first flight on a trapeze, and dropping almost 200lbs in a year and a half, I feel on top of the world, like I can conquer anything.

I have some friends who will be running the race too. I've been encouraged to start training by running the first 5k of the course, which is mainly uphill. Once the first part is over, the rest is smooth sailing to the finish line. I'm not going to lie...I'm scared! It is a daunting task, especially to transition from my machines in the gym during the winter back into running road.

But I am excited, and I've made the leap...I'm registered. No turning back!

Perhaps that's today's lesson or word of encouragement: just do it! Not only the little things for the day, like going to the gym when you don't want to, but do something significant to force you to accomplish your dreams. Sign up. Pay for it in advance. Give yourself a goal it's going to be very hard to go back on. You know you want to! Just do it!

Please support me, as it won't be easy. Better yet, come join me!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete