Myfitnesspal

Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 54 Holiday Challenge: Final Weigh In!!!

For the end of this challenge I couldn't think of a bigger way than to finish in the Big Apple. I am writing from the Jesuit Residence of America House in Manhattan. Today, my Jesuit friend gave me a pass to use the facilities at his gym, the New York Health and Racquet Club. 
The result is fantastic (a word I've been using several times this trip). 

Challenge start 11/16/14: 289.4
Today's weight 1/9/15: 267.5
Week 1: -1.6
Week 2: -3.2
Week 3: +.4
Week 4: -3.2
Week 5: -8.8
Week 6: -.4
Week 7: -1.8
Week 8: -3.3

Total Challenge Weight Loss: 21.9
Total Weight Loss since Oct 2013: 197.1

Woohoo! I now weigh less than I ever have in my adult life!

How have I celebrated today? I stood out in the freezing cold and snow for a taping of the Today Show. I got a selfie with Savannah! 

From there it was on to the gym for the weigh in and a little workout. I met a friend in the city and had lunch near Wall St. Here's another great selfie with the iconic Brooklyn Bridge in the background.
From there I headed over to the TKTS booth in Times Square, where I purchased my gift to myself to celebrate...a center aisle seat to see Idina Menzel perform in If/Then. Can't wait for tonight! 

So there you have it. The Holiday Challenge is over, and I'm sure I'll have more to say about it in the next weeks. For now, what I will say is it is certainly possible to lose weight over the Holiday Season. 20+ pounds might be a little unrealistic for most people, but it obviously is doable if you have that goal in mind and it is healthy for you. It is absolutely possible to buck the trend so as not to gain weight over the Holidays. 

Celebrate your accomplishments and let me know how you did. Make new goals! I just found out that our local Catholic Communications will be following me as I prepare for the 10k in March! Give yourself credit for the good things that you have done, that you are doing, and even for dreaming about what you can do in the future! 
What's in store for 2015?

2 comments:

  1. Looking great Fr. Ryan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete