Myfitnesspal

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Trip to Maine, Lighthouses, and St Anthony

Just got back from a whirlwind tour of Maine on a day off. I visited some friends and blessed their cottages on the way up to see my good friend Patrick, who is a DRE for the parishes in Lewiston. Besides some beautiful Churches (like the Basilica of Sts Peter and Paul), I got to see some beautiful lighthouses. (5 in total)


At one lighthouse we had to disembark from the ferry onto a small inner tube boat and literally washed ashore onto the dockless island. Seguin Island Light is spectacular, with 360 degree views from the highest island point on the Maine sea coast. It was breathtaking. I couldn't help thinking that 100lbs ago, I probably could not have made the trip up the steep hillside, let alone fit on the spiral staircase or through the window to the lighthouse deck. I am so overjoyed that I love the outdoors and I am so active now!
On my way back from Seguin, I stopped at Portland Head Light. It is probably my favorite spot in the world. 

After celebrating a friend's 6 year anniversary as a priest tonight, I went for a jog. Partway into my last mile of a 4 mile course, I realized I lost my fitbit. I slowed down considerably as I contemplated having to run the course in the morning and gradually was filled with a depressing pessimism. I prayed to St Anthony. 

When I got home I got in my car and headed out on a whim. Remember, it is pitch black by now. But halfway through I found the fitbit on the sidewalk, just around a bend turning up a hill. I am so overjoyed and have to confess I didn't think St Anthony would pull through. He's the man! 

Haha, I just remembered I pretended to be St Anthony preaching to the fish at Seguin. Enjoy this last bonus pic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment