Myfitnesspal

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Colorvibespringfield 5k!


Today I accomplished a major goal on the first day of Summer! I jogged the colorvibespringfield 5k in Greenfield, Ma. in my best time yet! My first real 5k was soooooo fun! 

I was thinking as I was running how I used to come to these fairgrounds in Greenfield as a kid. No fried dough here! Just frying some of my fat off in the sun. As I was jogging, so many people saw the back of my shirt that said "my first 5k" and "-125lbs since oct 2013!", and they patted me on the shoulder or gave me a high five. The people were so encouraging and their attitude kept me going. 

Continuing down the road, we passed the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. I prayed for them as I jogged by. I found myself walking every now and then, but kept a good pace with my music. It seemed every time I would slow down, there'd be another person giving me a high five and routing for me to begin jogging again. 

I was doused in color! Several times. I had goggles that I would put on whenever running through the color throw areas. It kept me motivated to run through those color zones. 

I finished just over 15 minutes a mile, which is really good for a person my weight, and my best so far. I finished the first mile in 13 minutes and was overjoyed. 

At the end people were asking me when my next one is. I told them I'm climbing a mountain. We'll see!!!! 

2 comments: