Myfitnesspal

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Morning walk and a new Bishop!

Last afternoon we learned that we would receive a new bishop today. This morning I got up to see the news posted at 6am that Pope Francis has appointed Bishop Mitchell Rozanski of Baltimore as the 9th Bishop of Springfield! 

Of course, I'm uber excited! I went out for a walk/jog, but it quickly turned into a leisurely walk as I watched videos of the new bishop. I am extremely excited that he is Pro-life and into media for evangelization!!!

It's odd that I'm already done with 4miles and over 10000 steps for the day, all before my second cup of coffee. Full of excitement,  I raced down with our seminarian to the Cathedral where we could greet the new Bishop. He is very personable and happy to be here. I got to meet him and I immediately thanked him for his pro-life work. He asked me where I was stationed. After telling him I asked him if he took selfies. He said sure. I'm pretty sure this is the first selfie taken with the new bishop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment