Myfitnesspal

Saturday, June 14, 2014

One week til Color Vibe 5k

I tried to figure out whether a new area I wanted to jog in was doable via mapmyrun, but quickly found out it wasn't really conducive to jogging. Goose poop, holes in road, and not many sidewalks = not coming back. But it served its purpose for the morning!

Realizing I've got a week til my first 5k, I have to work on my jogging intervals and get my overall time down. My legs have been hurting lately, especially my ankle. I'm trying to get enough rest in between runs so as not to overdo it. Getting older stinks. 

I'm blogging from my 12 step group room, eager to continue my step work. Today's step is step 9, made direct amends to [people we have harmed] wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. 

Our own spiritual tradition teaches us this concept. "So when you are offering your gift at the altar, if you remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother or sister, and then come and offer your gift." Matthew 5:23-24 

Making amends is definitely part of spiritual growth, and so my recovery and spiritual development relies on this concept and step. I look forward to progressing in the steps and making strides forward spiritually, one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment