Myfitnesspal

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's been a while, and new initiatives


I'm attending a conference on Addiction and Recovery by Guest House here at Elms College in my Diocese, and was interviewed today by our wonderful Catholic Communications team..shout out to my good friend Peggy Weber...

It's been a while since I've blogged, I told her, and so here I am. I'm not without my little faults. People with addictive personalities tend to procrastinate. If I could start a group called Procrastinator's Anonynous, I'd go tomorrow. But all it takes is a recommitment, and I'm back blogging. Actually, at the moment I'm blogging and taking my fitbit out for a walk. 

I've been doing a little more than just walking these days. I signed up for a Color Vibe 5k! It will be on June 21st at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Greenfield, Ma, starting at 9am. To prepare, I've been walking/jogging daily 5ks around the parish neighborhood. The transition to the road has been hard but enjoyable. The weather has been perfect for it, which is a plus. It's so awesome to take in the beauty of God's creation. 

Recently I was able to take some magnificent pictures at the summit of Mount Holyoke. I drove up in my car, but I think I want to get up there by the end of the summer to say I've climbed a local mountain. The top is so rewarding. The air, the sun, the view. It's where our Lord met his people so many times in salvation history. Think of Noah on Ararat,  Moses on Sinai, or Jesus on the mount, on Tabor, or on Calvary. I intend to offer a prayer of thanksgiving on the top if this mountain later on this year. To all of you, take the time to set some summertime goals, and get to work! Please pray for me as I begin my road races and hiking initiatives.

 Still at -120, but feeling great and motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment