Myfitnesspal

Friday, January 1, 2016

Holiday Challenge reboot for new year

Hello again! As I've always said, it's all about getting back on track. After I was able to go for vacation down to Florida right before Christmas, I slipped into not posting daily, as I had resolved to do the week before. I've had some battles with food, with some holiday partying, but have come back strong. 

My weight has been in the maintenance phase for quite some time now, signaling to me that I might not need a weight loss challenge at the beginning of the year. I've been talking with friends and trainers and don't think I will be doing the challenge at my gym. Instead, I am creating some goals for 2016.

With that said, my weight is about 222 today, two pounds down from where I was mid November. I'm excited that I haven't gained over the holidays! Now, as the New Year starts, I want to hit the ground running towards these goals.

To complete my original challenge, I wanted to be at 215 for January 9th. Right now, being safely under 220 will be an excellent goal.

After consulting with Justin at Energia, we've calculated body fat percentage at 25% and believe that if I lose 10-15 lbs more, I should be within range for a post surgery body fat of 15 %..killer. So, goal for the entirety of 2016 is to get to 210 and maintain this, unless surgery is booked and this brings me below this number (hopefully between 190-195).

Another goal will be to become spin certified by the summer.

For the first workout of the New Year, I killed it at spin&strength. What a way to start out with intention, focus, resolve, and fun!

As the Church begins the year with the celebration of Mary, Mother of God, I preached about the help that both God and Mary give to our resolutions, even when we fall short. As resolved as we are to never sin again following a good confession, there might be mistakes and serious failures on the way. The important thing to keep in mind is that in the end, God's grace, a grace mediated by the motherhood of Mary through the birth of her Son, will pick us up and propel us forward.


4 comments:

  1. The Secrets to Weight Loss Success

    Its a well known fact: getting more fit can be an intense test. Be that as it may, that doesn't mean it's incomprehensible. Shedding pounds is really a standout amongst the most achievable deeds that you can fulfill in this lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Fr Ryan, for working so hard on something that a lot of people worry about, their weight.

    You are setting a very good example to inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always replied to this blog post and its been a long time since I came into knowledge of this blog. One of my friend’s suggestion worked for me and I am still regular to read every post of this blog.Asia slim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! Thanks a lot for sharing. Really very informative and very useful post about best hiking boots. Very interesting. I like it.Weight Loss Hypnosis

    ReplyDelete