Myfitnesspal

Monday, January 4, 2016

Holiday Challenge last week

It's so good to be done with the holidays, the parties, the overindulgence. As most of the world goes back to work today, many are deciding to start their New Year's resolutions. 

After a big staff party I somehow managed to get out of bed and get to spin class. I so needed it to be able to recover, but also as an indicator that I can push through anything if I want it bad enough. 150 watts in 45 min? I'll take that. 

Because finances are tough, I'm needing to cook at home a lot more, which is recommended anyway if you want to lose weight or maintain. Today I made a double portion for lunch and dinner:
Cajun buffalo burger with sautéed coconut curry kale and mushrooms. 594 calories, 71g protein. Lean meat, great tasting veggies, and a little fat added so macros get in balance. 

Tonight I'm watching the biggest loser on tv. I'm so glad Bob is talking about issues like food addiction, and sees the place like rehab. The sad thing is that these shows cut corners and push these people to lose too quickly with fad liquid diets and crazy all day workouts. I began my journey in a rehab and lost 100 lbs in 5 months, medically supervised, with the proper counseling, and no crazy crash diets. I'm a huge advocate for increasing programs like mine to help people to start the journey when they have been unsuccessful in the past. But I hope that not everyone believes they need to go on one of these shows to do it. 

Starting the journey is as easy as letting the past be the past, deciding at the start of the day that you are going to track your food, open up to someone, and taking that first step to exercise. If you need more than that, please reach out to me! 

2 comments:

  1. Few Super Foods Which Makes You Slim

    Alleged super foods are dietary powerhouses that construct bones, counteract ceaseless sicknesses, enhance your visual perception, and even keep your mind sharp. In any case, did you know new proof recommends these best slimming super foods, can likewise help you get—and stay—thin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is very helpful for all your readers. I want to share some foods which are also healpful for lose weight naturally. What do you think about this list of weight loss foods http://www.muscleshine.com/list-of-fat-burning-foods/

    ReplyDelete