Myfitnesspal

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Holiday Challenge Days 6-7

Don't sit on your laurels! Everybody struggles, even me...that's why I wrote this blog. After a dreary day yesterday, in which I tried my first TRX class out, I rested well. Only at the end of the day I knew I had a going away get together for a friend who is moving out of the area. Needless to say, I think I had a little too much calorie wise for the day, especially without spinning. 

My weight fluctuates when I'm not so careful, and more than just the science would suggest. It's a great reminder that there are some things that I need to avoid altogether. I think that is what God is placing on my heart as I begin Advent.

Advent is here! 

Today I went on endurance ride and racked up the largest wattage yet on the spin bike. 

A 75 minute class was awesome, and a good way to reframe and get back on track today. Though I don't expect to have lost any lbs for the week (I had, but one incident of overeating post turkey day is enough to change that), I might actually maintain for the week. That would be a true blessing. 

Today brought its own blessing in being able to go down to celebrate the retirement of a good friend and fellow minister, Sr Connie. God bless her, as she hears the call of service wherever he is providing for her. She will be truly missed at OLSH. I am so happy to know her and so many good parishioners, as we gathered to celebrate our faith and friendship. 
One parishioner came up to say she was inspired to begin a journey and has lost 18lbs in two months, even though she has some physical limitations that keep her from exercising. This is what makes my job and blog so worth it!

For this advent, and as you finish your weekend, reflect on something you might want to work on giving up (I know it's not lent, but it's a great time to clear out the clutter to make more room for the Lord).
For me, I started off with a good confession, and a focused penance that will take me through this challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment