Myfitnesspal

Monday, November 23, 2015

Holiday Challenge Day 1

Hi friends! It's the most wonderful time of the year, and that brings with it the most wonderful temptations! We are tempted to overindulge. We are tempted to give up our fitness routines because "baby, it's cold outside." The average weight gain this time of year, depending on who you talk to, is between 3-10 pounds, when it's all said and done. Some pack on even more, believing they are like the bears and need to hibernate for the winter.

While there are certainly primal reasons why we pack on the pounds during the winter time, we are nevertheless reasoning animals, and can use the power of our own minds and wills to curb this socially acceptable trend. What's more is that we have the power of God on our side, he who desires to bless these endeavors of health and wellness. Instead of waiting for New Years resolutions, we can ward off merely reacting to our poor choices by making some good choices with God's help right now!

This doesn't mean giving up the goodies, it means being diligent, motivated, and a little bit savvy with regard to the food filled events that we are going to attend. It also means that we can decide to start, maintain, or step up in our fitness routines. 

The title of this year's challenge reflects a more inclusive tone than last year's, although my goals are very similar. Since I am now more or less near my maintainence weight, I will be focused on some weight loss, but more focused on helping to provide that daily motivation to keep going. 

Today I weigh in at 224lbs. My goal for this challenge will be to be 215lbs by January 9th, a loss of just 9lbs, but very doable. If you remember, I lost 22lbs last holiday season. 9lbs may seem less, but percentage wise it is a bit greater, since I have lost over 50lbs since then. If I make it to this goal, this is well within the range of being actually under 200lbs factoring in the amount of excess skin that will need to be removed.

As with last year I will keep a weekly weigh in, this time on Mondays. I'd encourage you who decide to take the challenge with me to do the same. 

So today: set your goal, whether it is maintainence or loss. Weigh in. And then decide to keep reading through this challenge. If anything today, just think about your choices throughout today. Is it easy to forgo that extra latte in that red cup at Starbucks? 

Please feel free to send me a message if you want some support! 





1 comment:

  1. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. Juliana

    ReplyDelete