Myfitnesspal

Saturday, March 14, 2015

One week to go

One more week of training to go until the Holyoke St Pats Road Race, my first 10k. I'm excited to announce that I made my 20lbs weight loss goal for the race yesterday, and today I've crossed into the 240's with an overall weight loss since Oct 2013 of 215lbs!!!

On St Patrick's Day itself, which is also my sister's birthday, I will get the opportunity to run the route for the first time. Training for this race has been less than satisfactory, since we've had so much snow and cold weather. I've been increasing treadmill and spinning training as of late, but I'm not sure I'm at the point where I will be able to jog the whole race. We will see on Tuesday.

An update on the America Magazine article: it is in the March 30th issue! I'm very excited to see my story in print. I'm not sure how much exposure this will bring, but what I can only hope is that those struggling with food addiction will know that it is a condition that hits the priesthood, but a condition that can be treated.  

A reminder that the race is on Saturday March 21st at 1-3pm in Holyoke. If you're around, come cheer me on. Real to Reel will be there filming parts of the race for its upcoming segment on my preparations for it. It should air at the end of the month, as well. 

What I was doing at 3-14-15 9:26:53

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete