Myfitnesspal

Friday, March 20, 2015

America Magazine Article: Transformed from within

My story has been published in America Magazine. http://americamagazine.org/issue/transformed-within

I am super excited to see the work come to fruition. I began this article last May or so, and the story has continued to unfold with greater weight loss and continued transformation. I am so grateful for the work that Kerry Weber, managing editor of America, did to bring my story to light. It was my first experience in professional writing, which is a daunting task for many people. The experience of expounding and clarifying, cutting and trusting has been invaluable. 

I also have enjoyed on two occasions my stays at America House, visiting a friend from Guest House, and making new friends. Being able to sit down for morning coffee with the great Jim Martin, SJ, was certainly a highlight. 

Overall, thank you, America Magazine, especially Matt Malone SJ, for the focus on important issues in the Church, issues which really affect the people both in the pews and at the altar. 


4 comments:

  1. Fr. Rooney,

    Thank you for sharing your heart felt story, which God will use to inspire many! I will hold you in prayer. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job, Fr. Ryan in really bringing to light what happens emotionally and spiritually as well as physically to those of us caught in the grip of food addiction. I remember Mel Gibson commenting long ago that a food addict was not hungry for food but was ultimately hungry for God to fill the hole in the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete