Myfitnesspal

Friday, July 31, 2015

In loco isto dabo pacem

"In this place, I will give peace"

On a day off during the week, I got up to Bath, Maine to see my friends the Finns and and old friend Ana Lisa from college. It's a joy that my friend Patrick will be entering St John's Seminary, my alma mater, in the fall. We all had a great time reminiscing about our alma mater, Franciscan University, and talking about the Lord's blessings amidst trials. 
We took to the sea to the Cap'n Fish Whale Watch in Boothbay Harbor. Go figure that we would see a bunch of fin whales with the Finn family! 

We came back and had Mass on the Finn family dining room table, agape style, as we pondered the mystery of the Lord's dwelling place.

It was then that we shifted gears to the traditional Finn family lobster dinner. I look forward to it every summer. 

This morning before the crack of dawn we drove Ana Lisa to Portland and then took in a great breakfast, or I should say "beck"fast at Becky's Diner. 

Patrick and I then got to what is probably my favorite place in the United States, Portland Head Light. 
I was inspired to workout there, and somehow managed to master a time delay shot for a workout selfie. 

Praying and working out here feels amazing. It's a beautiful interplay of the divine and human. Perhaps that's why Henry Wadsworth Longfellow likened this place to the great St Christopher. It's a place that bears the Christ and his peace. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great post. I've noted some points from your article.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete