Myfitnesspal

Monday, July 27, 2015

XLT Westfield 7/27

Tonight I had the awesome grace of being the speaker at XLT Westfield, the praise and worship with Eucharistic adoration and speaker event that I helped start with youth minister Tim Hourihan at St Mary's Parish. I'm so thankful to God for the fruits that this ministry continues to bear, especially for the amazing sounds of Soul Motive, the worship band of youth and young adults that is seriously like hearing a recording every time you hear them. 
Tonight I got to witness to the Lord's power, giving the congregation a crash course in the 12 steps, and a couple pointers that they could take with them when they left: a daily plan of life, Sacraments, the Word of God, Grace, power, and reaching out to a community of witnesses. The message strongly resounded as the band started singing "You are not alone" by Kari Jobe, helping us to understand that with the Lord and his Church we are never alone, and do not have to go it alone.

We got the opportunity to lay it all down before the Bread of Life, giving to the Lord all the things that have left us powerless, have made life unmanageable, and have left us feeling alone. To be in his presence, we felt and knew that God loves us, "oh how he loves us!"

From the response, I am glad people left with a renewed sense of the Lord's power. It was great to see the new Diocesan youth minister, Gina Czerwinski present in the assembly, as it showed the Diocese's interest in these events growing. I am so grateful to be able to witness in this way, for it has helped me to keep in mind the grace of God for recovery in my own life.

6 comments:

  1. Great talk last night! It left me with lots of questions and things to ponder (in a good way). Any chance I can try to follow up with you? I have questions about the connection between powerlessness and confession

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren. Yes, I have a space below where you can email me. Please feel free.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a nice post. I've noted few tips from your post.
    Thank you for sharing this kind of informative article.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weight loss tips, food for weight loss, fat burning workouts, and the best Weight Loss diet plan for you.

    ReplyDelete