Myfitnesspal

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Resurrection

I just finished celebrating my second funeral at the new parish and am filled with a sense of the eternal as I contemplate the mysteries of death and the Resurrection. Death is a sobering reality. 

When my doctor stressed the severity of the conditions that had crept up as a result of my weight gain and diet, I had two choices: the way of death, which would be inevitable, or the way of life, which would be a hard task, but obviously rewarding, happy, and well, nobody really truly desires to die, so...life it was! 

Ultimately, the Resurrection gives us hope, that no matter when we die, and in whatever circumstances, if we have believed in him who put an end to death, we will rise with him and enjoy the rewards of eternal life. I am in solidarity with all those who have died as a result of an eating disorder, and pray that they are on their way to heaven. 

The way of life means that we all will eventually die, but the great grace of the here and now is the fact that we can live life abundantly today, and for one day at a time. 

With God's help I can respond to the grace to live life to the fullest, striving so that my eventual death does not have to be the result of my eating addiction. Today I can choose and experience the freedom of the way of life. Today a little bit of the glory of the Resurrection can shine in my life. May it be so for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment