Myfitnesspal

Saturday, May 3, 2014

"I am the way, the truth, and the life" -John 14:6

Today's Gospel for the feast of Sts Philip and James provides the text from which the name of the blog is taken. Jesus responds to Philip's question by revealing to him the intimate nature of his connection to the Father. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. In other words, the very meaning of his existence is to show us the way to live, to reveal to us all truth, and to give us the abundance of the divine life which he shares with the Father. 

I'm writing to you from the parking lot of my gym as I finish my Subway sandwich and rest from the 5k on the elliptical I've just done. I'm going back for one more 5k to make it 10k for the day. I'm so encouraged by a friend of mine who is running a half marathon tomorrow. (Prayers for Whitney!) 

When I reflect on the title "the weigh and the truth," I think about how each one of us is coming to a sense of their own way and truth with regard to weight loss. Contrary to the meaning of the Gospel, no one routine or workout schedule or diet plan is good for everyone. We must all struggle to find what works best for us. I highly encourage you to speak to a physician and/or nutritionist, and work with a personal trainer to help you find what's best for you. What I can say with great confidence is that the spiritual message contained in the Gospel is a sure way of maintaining the spiritual and emotional strength needed in the battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment