Myfitnesspal

Friday, May 8, 2015

Summer Goal Challenge Week 5

Challenge Start: 245lbs 
Week 1: 242.4, -1.6
Week 2: 241, -1.4
Week 3: 241, +/- 0
Week 4: 237.2, -3.8

Week 5: 237.4, +.2
Total: -7.6

It's been a rough week with a busy concert schedule and some professional stress. Physically speaking, my body has reacted to cafeteria food from the Sacred Concert weekend, and, as was noted by a new weight loss doctor, I have some inflammation going on. 

I loved going back to Northfield Mount Hermon to sing with friends I haven't seen since even before graduation (12 years ago...ahhhh). 

After my last doctor visit we scheduled a consult with a weight loss doctor. I wanted to know the numbers so that I can determine a healthy goal to get to. What's awesome is to find that my basal metabolic rate is high compared to my body size, which means that all the hard work has paid off. I have a BMR of 2750, meaning my usual diet of 2100-2300 is still in the weight loss category. 

Body fat percentage is hard to determine without a water bath system. The doctor I visited only had a bioelectric impedance test available. It estimated a body fat percentage of 26%. That's roughly half of what it used to be...and since I'm half the size, that means I've built up a lot of muscle mass along the journey. There is still room for major improvement, and we will get there by changing up some of the diet and focusing on causes of inflammation, and increasing strength training.

I didn't blog yesterday, on a travel day to visit friends in Florida. I'm here in St Pete for a quick pleasure trip and then to Miami to preach at a parish on behalf of the Diocese of Fort Liberte in Haiti. It will be my first mission appeal, and it will be a whirlwind 6 mass schedule. I hope to get to the gym at some point. Oh, and beach...lots of beach. 



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blog's design is very nice.
    It's really a very informative blog.
    Continue wiring......

    kimera

    ReplyDelete