Myfitnesspal

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Summer Goal Challenge Week 7

Challenge Start: 245lbs 
Week 1: 242.4, -1.6
Week 2: 241, -1.4
Week 3: 241, +/- 0
Week 4: 237.2, -3.8
Week 5: 237.4, +.2
Week 6: 238.2, +.8

Week 7: 233.6, -4.6

Total: -11.4

I am 1 pound away from the 50% mark, which is absolutely amazing.

Last Saturday I ran the RunWestfield Flat Fast 5k in 35:40. 
I wanted a faster time, but my left quad was feeing the new training with Erica, and there was too much tension on the sprints I had been practicing. I am very happy that I improved my overall mile average, and even had a 10 minute mile. 

Since Monday, I've been on retreat at Guest House in Lake Orion, Michigan, as part of my continuing care for food addiction and weight loss. 
The campus, having welcomed the men's program from Rochester, MN since November, is a beautiful place to reflect with my brother priests in treatment about the continued recovery and journey ahead. 
The Chapel, newly dedicated, is filled with many elements from the chapel in Rochester. It is a not so subtle reminder that the spiritual heart of Guest House continues to beat, keeping alive the memory of all the recovery that has come before this new adventure in Lake Orion. 
(Continuing Care Phase I Sept, 2014 to Continuing Care Phase II May, 2015, -75lbs)

I look forward to maintaining my relationship with Guest House as I seek to help my brothers and sisters in ministry who struggle with food addiction and weight issues. There is a lot of room to grow here in Michigan, but I am glad that people are finding their own recovery in the Damascus Program. 



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan, I enjoy reading your blogs and hearing about your successes (and challenges). You are an amazing person and your dedication is paying off. You have left your footprints in Rochester and in the path you continue to travel.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    weigh scale

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is extremely brilliant with your quality contents.
    Nice post.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete