Myfitnesspal

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Summer Goal Challenge Week 6

Challenge Start: 245lbs 
Week 1: 242.4, -1.6
Week 2: 241, -1.4
Week 3: 241, +/- 0
Week 4: 237.2, -3.8
Week 5: 237.4, +.2

Week 6: 238.2, +.8

Total: -6.8

I officially hit a plateau, and probably the first real significant one of this journey. Two weeks in a row, gaining only a pound back, which in the grand scheme of things isn't bad. Considering this last week, I'll take it!

The week started off great. I flew down to Florida, was able to train outside with a friend, and stayed active. My diet for one of the days was tracked, but way off what I normally eat. I did drink more than usual. But I felt good. 



Then the long car ride to Miami and a big weekend of preaching for Haiti Missions at St Patrick's in Miami Beach. I started to notice some swelling in my leg. I returned home a little nervous about the swelling.


When I got home I weighed myself, and the scale read 244. 7 pound gain? How could this be? Even my tracking couldn't account for it. After my workout, which was actually my last workout with Lamar as my trainer, I immediately decided to get my leg checked out. 

My doctor's office performed a blood test to see if there was a blood clot. The indicator came back positive, which meant I needed to go for an ultrasound at the emergency room. 6 hours later, the test determined there was no blood clot...thank Jesus! 

I continued to watch my salt and took my calories down a little for the rest of the week. It was good to be back at spin. It was also good to start with Erica as my new trainer. 

Getting back down to 238 meant that whatever happened, it did not signify my going off the deep end. I'm happy to still be losing weight and enjoying this wonderful life!

To Lamar, thanks for everything you've done for me. I've lost a total of 118 lbs since I started training with you April of 2014! Good luck in your new training job at another gym! 

Lastly, here's a pic that everyone loved on Facebook this week. I finally fit into a medium polo shirt. If you want some motivation and a reason to start tracking all your food and exercise...here you go!
March 10, 2014 (376.4lbs) to May 13, 2015 (240.6lbs). Considering my highest was 464, that picture isn't dramatic enough! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've found a nice informative blog after searching a long time.
    Your blog is really great. You have added many useful tips in your every post.
    Thank you so much.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete