Myfitnesspal

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Because he lives


Christ is Risen, Alleluia! Truly, he is Risen, Alleluia! 

In my Easter homily I recalled the lyrics to a song which is growing in popularity by Matt Maher, "Because he lives." I challenged the faithful to become witnesses of the Resurrection by sharing one thing that they have been able to do simply because of the fact that Jesus has risen from the dead. In my examples I listed being cured of cancer, being freed from addiction and sin, and feeling the joy of this season. What I realized in listing these was that I was sharing my own "because he lives" moments. 

My friends, the struggles with food and weight are fought with proper diet, counting, exercise, and reaching out to others who are struggling. But none of it is won without coming to the highest power there is, the one who has the power to overthrow death itself. By his Resurrection, you will experience your own resurrection. 
Easter Vigil 2014 353lbs to Easter Vigil 2015 244lbs

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete