Myfitnesspal

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Triumphant return to Minnesota

Last week I was able to return to Guest House for a sixth month continuing care retreat. Let's say the return was triumphant. I made my 50lbs weight loss goal since leaving Guest House, and weighed in at the RAC at 311, -153lbs lighter than when I began there Oct 22nd of last year. 


I was filled with emotion as I met other guest house alums, and we marveled mutually at our transformations. I am so inspired by my brothers. The retreat was focused on the dangers of relapse and fully entering into the 12 steps. The danger is real, as some of us have really struggled. It is great to take this moment and reevaluate some of my behaviors so as to give my recovery the greatest chance of success. 

It is sad to see Guest House shut down in Rochester. There are some significant challenges it faces ahead in its transition to Michigan. The administration has asked me to make some recommendations for the food addiction program, as they have the opportunity to craft a new program in a new location. I am happy to see the number of Damascus clients growing. Dioceses are becoming aware of the needs of their priests for recovery from compulsive eating and for weight loss. I believe it will be incumbent on the program to integrate these key aspects of recovery. 

I was very sad to leave the RAC. I likely won't be returning to Rochester, unless it is for my 12 step community, to which I owe a debt of gratitude. I hope I can stay in touch with my trainers and friends in recovery. I just wish I could transport it all to Massachusetts. 


Returning to Springfield is hard, but I am motivated to keep up my recovery here. I want to lose another 80lbs by June 2nd. I'm going to need to hunker down and focus on cutting out extra calories. With the Big e and with a great harvest season ahead, it should prove a bit of a challenge. Staying strong in the grace of God, and with my support system. I will always remember Minnesota. 


1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the efforts made here behind writing such a wonderful blog. I can recognize this blog very well for all the efforts made by writers to deliver well and standard information.
    Face lift anti aging treatment

    ReplyDelete