Myfitnesspal

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Big E success!

I was joking with my friends that there should be an ambassador of health for the Big E. Someone was like, you should write a blog about losing weight at the fair. For those of you who don't know, the Big E is the largest fair in the Northeast, and is held every September here in West Springfield. 

The crazy amounts of food can be overwhelming to anyone, from the Big E creampuffs to the deep fried whatever you can think of. If you aren't paying attention, I think anyone instantly gains a pound when they walk in the gate. But, that's if you're not paying attention! 

The truth is, this food addict made it through the Big E season without gaining a pound! Here's the breakdown:

1. I walked pretty much 15000-20000 steps a day each time I went to the Big E. And I went probably 5-6 times this year. 

2. I completely avoided trigger foods. I had to say goodbye to the famous cheese curds and the buckets of wings. 

3. I logged all my food. This can be hard at the fair, but it's a must. Today we celebrate St Jerome who said Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ. Well, ignorance of what you're eating is ignorance of how to lose weight. 

4. On days in which I may have overindulgence, say at the V-One tent---shout out to my good friend Paul Kozub---the next day was followed with a cleanse of sorts, and increased cardio at the gym. 

5. I began taking spinning classes. 45 minutes and 15-19 miles on a bike = bingo. 

6. I had fun. 

The Big E was a huge success this year. And even though some of the days I feel like I'm plateauing, I have to remember that in September I've lost 15 pounds l, 5 lbs more than the 10 pound per month average as of late. That is a huge success for me!

I want to thank Mr Cassidy and the Big E staff for allowing me to say Mass under the Big Top of the Big E Circus this year. It was an experience I hope to repeat next year. They taught us in seminary that the priest is not a ringmaster at the circus. Well, not all things you learn in seminary pan out in ministry!!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Jesus was made present under a several story high daredevil motorcycle rig. Pretty darn cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment