Myfitnesspal

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Whole foods plant based Lent

Recently I made the decision with my sister, who is a huge proponent of the whole foods plant based diets espoused by "forks over knives" and "the engine 2 diet", to have a go at this kind of diet during Lent. It's perhaps not as religious an experience as being a vegan, but more a two for one "make a change" and fast from meat products during lent. Many Christians throughout the Eastern world are bound to fast from meat during Lent, and in this current ecumenical atmosphere, I'm adding on the intention in my prayers for unity. 
Along that track, I'm excited that an Orthodox student at the university has offered to teach me Byzantine chant! Practice is slow going, but I'm hoping I can be signing actual hymns in a couple months. Gotta learn my ni pa vous! 
To start Lent on Ash Wednesday, we got the port unity to #ashtag with the Pope. Ok, it's a cut out, but it was a fun way to get some of our students involved in a joyful start to Lent. Let's evangelize with the joy of the Gospel. Happy Lent! +:-)

6 comments:

  1. Nice blog and very informative. I appreciate your sharing. Everyone should read this blog for useful information.
    Brooklyn walk in clinic

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend suggested me to visit this blog its nice and amazing blog. i like it. my name dr asif and me worked at Easy Slim Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can You Lose 10 Pounds in 3-Weeks on This Diet Plan?

    Yes, if you follow the meal plan, the exercise plan, and keep it up for 3 weeks, I firmly believe you can lose 10 pound. I think
    you could follow the 3 week diet plan to lose 15 pounds.
    www.3-weekdiett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really awesome review. Many many thanks for writing us.

    Cheers.
    Admin, Best Recumbent Exercise Bike

    ReplyDelete